Bihar police removes poster after Amitabh Bachchan's tweet
- China has deployed more troops near Indian border, says Pentagon
- Delhi court takes cognizance of chargesheet filed against RK Pachauri in sexual harassment case
- Congress trying to settle political scores through campuses: Smriti Irani
- Violence mars Jharkhand, over 550 people arrested during bandh protesting domicile policy
- Malegaon blasts: ATS cited Sadhvi's phone call, strategy meeting and a bike, NIA rejected all
Bihar Police has removed the posters containing Amitabh Bachchan's pictures today after megastar has threatened to take legal action against them saying the photograph has been used without his consent.
The posters were part of an educational programme 'Adhaura 30' and was being used to educate the youths in the naxal-affected district and wean them away from the Maoists's influence.
"Just read news about my photograph being used by Bihar Police .. This is illegal, no consent taken or given, lawyers in action now ..," Bachchan posted on Twitter.
Kaimur district's Superintendent of Police (SP) Umashankar Sudhanshu said that the publicity material was used without prior consent of the 70-year-old Bollywood star and has been removed following the later's tweet.
"We have removed the banner with Bachchan's poster from the only place in Adhaura block that it has been put up to educate the youths. I say sorry to Mr Bachchan for using his poster to motivate and educate the youths," Sudhanshu told.
The police authorities had no malafide intention in using Bachchan's name and posters to educate the youths and said that it was done purely in public interests and not any commercial motive.
Kaimur police had decided to use the actor's name to educate rural youths in the backward and naxal-affect district since last month.
Hundreds of youths, mostly semi-literate, had attended the educational and motivational programme organized by the Kaimur police in Adhaura district.
The district police authorities had also planned to select 30 of the bright youths as Adhaura 30on the pattern of Super 30 from among hundreds of them to educate them properly and enable them to excel in competitive examination.
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure
- An Adivasi’s view of the new domicile policy in Jharkhand
- Government policies have become an assault on Delhi’s architectural heritage
- Cleaning the Ganga will need sustained effort, constant vigilance
- Education is confused with certification