'Bihar recorded lowest per capita NSDP in 2011-12'
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Bihar had the lowest per capita Net State Domestic Product (NSDP) at Rs 23,435 in FY'12 among the Indian states at current prices, Finance Minister P Chidambaram informed Rajya Sabha today.
"As per information published by Directorate of Economics and Statistics of respective state governments, the per capita NSDP at current prices of Bihar was the lowest at RS 23,435 in 2011-12," he said during Question Hour.
The Finance Minister, however, said Bihar's per capita income growth during the same year at constant prices was the highest amongst the states.
"Comparable information for all states in respect of Gross Capital Formation (Investment) is not available from official sources," he said.
Replying to a supplementary, Chidambaram said there was no proposal for any specific area-based fiscal concession for Bihar at present.
"The design of fiscal transfers to states takes into account the inter-state difference in economic parameters including NSDP," he said.
"Many plan schemes have been designed to ensure balanced regional development and attach greater weights to lower initial conditions of the level of development of various states," he added.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress