'Bihar recorded lowest per capita NSDP in 2011-12'
Bihar had the lowest per capita Net State Domestic Product (NSDP) at Rs 23,435 in FY'12 among the Indian states at current prices, Finance Minister P Chidambaram informed Rajya Sabha today.
"As per information published by Directorate of Economics and Statistics of respective state governments, the per capita NSDP at current prices of Bihar was the lowest at RS 23,435 in 2011-12," he said during Question Hour.
The Finance Minister, however, said Bihar's per capita income growth during the same year at constant prices was the highest amongst the states.
"Comparable information for all states in respect of Gross Capital Formation (Investment) is not available from official sources," he said.
Replying to a supplementary, Chidambaram said there was no proposal for any specific area-based fiscal concession for Bihar at present.
"The design of fiscal transfers to states takes into account the inter-state difference in economic parameters including NSDP," he said.
"Many plan schemes have been designed to ensure balanced regional development and attach greater weights to lower initial conditions of the level of development of various states," he added.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players