Bihar: Widow burns ‘rapist’ to death
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A middle-aged widow, who was allegedly raped by a fellow villager, locked him up and set her house on fire and thereby killed him. The police said the incident took place at Switha village under Parsa Bazar police station on the outskirts of Patna at around 1 am on Tuesday when a drunk Bhola Thakur (45) entered the house of the widow and allegedly raped her.
The victim in her statement to the police said that after being raped she first thought of committing suicide, then changed her mind and poured kerosene on Thakur, who was too drunk to move. After setting Thakur afire, she bolted the room from outside.
Patna SSP Manu Maharaj said: "The woman has been taken in police custody and her medical check-up will be done on Wednesday." Thakur reportedly had a bad reputation in the village.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer