Bihari doctor's bank acct hacked, Rs 3 lakh sent to Mitt Romney
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A doctor's account in a private bank here was hacked and Rs 3.52 lakh transferred to the account of defeated US presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign fund bank account, a police official said today.
The bank account of doctor Sushil Kumar Verma in Axis Bank, Boring Road branch, was hacked on October 10 and Rs 3.52 lakh transferred to Romney's campaign fund bank account in San Francisco, Srikrishna Puri police station SHO Sanjay Pandey said.
Verma, a resident of North Krishna Puri locality, received a message on his cell phone about debit of the amount from his account, Pandey, who is the investigation officer in the case, said.
Bihar DGP Abhayanand, confirming the cyber crime, said a case has been registered and investigation was in progress.
The doctor has since blocked his account.