Bihari doctor's bank acct hacked, Rs 3 lakh sent to Mitt Romney
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
A doctor's account in a private bank here was hacked and Rs 3.52 lakh transferred to the account of defeated US presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign fund bank account, a police official said today.
The bank account of doctor Sushil Kumar Verma in Axis Bank, Boring Road branch, was hacked on October 10 and Rs 3.52 lakh transferred to Romney's campaign fund bank account in San Francisco, Srikrishna Puri police station SHO Sanjay Pandey said.
Verma, a resident of North Krishna Puri locality, received a message on his cell phone about debit of the amount from his account, Pandey, who is the investigation officer in the case, said.
Bihar DGP Abhayanand, confirming the cyber crime, said a case has been registered and investigation was in progress.
The doctor has since blocked his account.