Biju Patnaik University and Technology cancels exam, files FIR after question paper leak
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The authorities of the Biju Patnaik University and Technology (BPUT) today lodged an FIR and cancelled the examination following leakage of a question paper last night.
"We have cancelled the examination scheduled to be held today after the leakage of the question paper last night. The BPUT has set up a high-level committee to probe the incident," BPUT vice-chancellor J K Satpathy told PTI adding that they came to know about the incident from students.
The question paper of third paper (Controlling Engineering System) of Electronics and Telecommunication's (ETC) 5th semester, was available in the Internet. Copies of the leaked question paper was also sent to some media persons, university sources said.
To find out the the source of leakage, the VC said: "all college principals were directed to return the question paper packets with original seal. They were informed about cancellation of the examination ahead of the examination time."
As the principals were informed in advance about cancellation of the examination, they should not have broken original seal on the question packet, he said adding that the authorities had also informed the Odisha Governor who was also the chancellor of the University, about the incident.