Bikaner baby, with lips, nose cheek bitten off by father, dies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A five-month-old-baby girl from Bikaner, whose father had bitten off parts of her lips, nose and cheek in a fit of rage, died at a government hospital here today.
"The condition of the baby deteriorated last night after she was breastfed by her mother. The milk entered into her lungs following which some complications developed and she was put on ventilator support but she died," Spokesperson of the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here said.
The girl was operated upon on Februrary 1.
Police said the baby's 36-year-old father Bahadur Singh will be charged with murder.
The baby had underwent a reconstructive plastic surgery on February 1 at the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here and the doctors had said the baby was able to breathe and swallow better following the operation that went on for over five hours. But her condition turned critical following which she was put on ventilator early on Wednesday.
The accused, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Her three-year-old elder sister, who was also bitten on the back and hand, is in hospital too. The injuries on her hand have got infected.
The babies' mother has said she decided to flee her alcoholic husband of 17 years, Bhadar Singh, after he attacked both their daughters.
On the night of January 24, she said, he had come home drunk and asked her to do some work. She had said she had mehndi on her hand and asked him to wait.
Flying into a rage, Singh had allegedly first started beating her up and when their elder daughter raised an alarm, bit her on her back and hand.
Awakened by the commotion, the five-month old had started crying and Singh allegedly rushed to the baby, picked her up and bit off her nose and upper lip and swallowed them.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express