Bikram filled with ecstasy in his new role
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Noted percussionist Bikram Ghosh is thrilled at being selected as the brand ambassador for the coming West Bengal Assembly election by the Election Commission and says he will love to motivate citizens to exercise their franchise. Lauding the EC's move to connect with the people, Ghosh, a well-known figure in Kolkata's social circuit, said not participating in the democratic exercise amounted to failure to perform a citizen's most important duty. ''In a democracy you must exercise the right to vote. Abstaining won't serve any purpose and will only show you as a non-responsive citizen,'' said Ghosh on Tuesday.