Binayak Senís home robbed
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Kolkata: An amount of about Rs 70,000 was allegedly stolen from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen in Kalyani in North 24-Parganas on Tuesday. Sen, also a paediatrician, was at home at the time of the incident. The grills of one of the windows were cut open and the cash was taken out of a cupboard in the house. Sen said, "We could not sense the robbery at night. Today in the morning, we noticed that the window grills were cut open and around Rs 70,000 cash was missing from the house. The money was for an upcoming wedding in our house. We have lodged a complaint with the Kalyani police station." Three persons were in the house, including Sen and his mother, at the house when it was robbed. No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
4 injured in SFI-TCP clash in college
Howrah: Four persons were injured in a clash between supporters of SFI and Trinamool Chhatra Parishad at Uluberia College in Howrah district on Tuesday. Police said the clash broke out over filing of nomination papers for the ensuing students' union election and three of the four injured were in serious condition.
Cops suspended for 'beating' boy
Suri: A boy was allegedly beaten up by two constables at Md Bazar area of Birbhum district. The accused constables have been suspended. The boy, a Class X student, was returning home on Monday night along with two other friends when the two constables beat him up, said the father of the boy.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs