Binny to watch UP, Haryana match in Lucknow next week
- Enthusiasm over; govt may not go ahead with ordinances pushed by Rahul Gandhi
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
National selector Roger Binny will be reaching the state capital on December 14— a day ahead of the Uttar Pradesh vs Haryana Ranji Trophy match to be held at Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta Stadium, Lucknow from December 15 to 18.
Sources informed that he will be staying in the state capital for about three days. "UP is a significant side in the country, however, Binny is coming as per the rotation policy. It has nothing to do with the team's performance," claimed a source.
The match against Haryana will be UP's sixth Ranji outing in the current season. Before this match, UP will be playing against Vidarbha in its fifth match to be organised at Nagpur from December 8.
Binny's presence will be a good opportunity for players like Bhuvneshwar Kumar who are trying to break into the Indian team for exhibiting their talent and also a chance for players like Piyush Chawla and M Kaif of impressing the national selectors once again.
In its previous match which came to a close at Kanpur on Monday, UP had exercised good domination against the visiting Baroda side. It won the match by ten wickets to register its second outright victory in the tourney this season. UP is leading in the points table in Group B with 17 points coming from two wins and two draws.