Bio-remediation to be used for checking pollution during Kumbh
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
As of now, an estimated 54 big and small drains in Allahabad take untreated sewage water and effluent to Ganga. "Major drains may be tapped by STPs. But there are several 'smaller streams', which flow into the river. So, how effective this technology will be is something to be seen. We are hoping that water quality will improve once water is released from Tehri dam," said an official of the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board.