Bio-remediation to be used for checking pollution during Kumbh
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
As of now, an estimated 54 big and small drains in Allahabad take untreated sewage water and effluent to Ganga. "Major drains may be tapped by STPs. But there are several 'smaller streams', which flow into the river. So, how effective this technology will be is something to be seen. We are hoping that water quality will improve once water is released from Tehri dam," said an official of the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board.