Bio-remediation to be used for checking pollution during Kumbh
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
As of now, an estimated 54 big and small drains in Allahabad take untreated sewage water and effluent to Ganga. "Major drains may be tapped by STPs. But there are several 'smaller streams', which flow into the river. So, how effective this technology will be is something to be seen. We are hoping that water quality will improve once water is released from Tehri dam," said an official of the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board.