Bishop of Pune greets people on Diwali
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Bishop of Pune Rt Rev Thomas Dabre has extended his greetings to people on the occasion of Diwali.
In a statement issued here on Monday, Dabre said, "On behalf of the Christian community, I extend our good wishes to all Hindu brothers and sisters."
"The dream of Diwali, however, cannot be realised without the bedrock of morality and spirituality. Absence of morality and spirituality is the root of all our problems," he added.
Dabre said moral and spiritual formation is necessary and parents, teachers and religious leaders should consider it their responsibility.