BJP accuses govt of having casual approach on terror
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Accusing the government of having a casual approach on the issue of terror, BJP today said it "failed" to take effective steps to prevent blasts in Hyderabad.
"The government's response is not adequate to the burning issue of terrorism. The government is taking it in a casual and usual manner," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters outside Parliament.
"This is a very serious issue. Series of bomb blasts are happening and especially in Hyderabad and the government is unable to take any effective step. Information in received that National Investigation Agency had mentioned Hyderabad, Bangalore, Maharashtra and other areas where there is possibility of such blasts," he said.
The BJP leader said NIA had given this information two days ago which was confirmed by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde himself.
"It is a serious issue and the government is not prepared to discuss the issue. We want MPs to express their views and then Home Minister should give his statement."
Criticising Shinde for going to to Hyderabad today, Naidu said, "The Home Minister should have gone to Hyderabad yesterday itself after the incident and should have come back in the morning today. The government is ignoring Parliament."
The BJP leader charged, "The Home Minister is changing his stand very often. First he said there were intelligence reports on possible terror attack and later said there were no specific inputs."
Naidu said there was advance information that Hyderabad could have been the target of possible terror attack. "But despite the information government did not take any steps to prevent it.
"Terror groups like (Indian) Mujaheedin and LeT had publicly stated they will avenge the hanging of Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru. Special Cell of Delhi Police has also said terrorists have done recce of Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad.
"So what specific inputs do they want?" he asked.
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan