BJP asks Centre to intervene in Ayodhya dispute
BJP on Friday demanded the Centre's intervention in the ongoing negotiation process of the Ayodhya dispute.
"During Atal Bihari Vajpayee's regime in the NDA government, the negotiation started by Kanchi Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati was almost finalised, now it the responsibility of union government to restart the movement from the same place where it stopped," BJP national general secretary and Member of Parliament Vinay Katiyar said.
He said, "Ayodhya dispute is not a local issue, it is now an international issue, concerned with Hindus and Muslims globally, to solve such a big issue, efforts must be done from the prime ministerial level."
Katiyar said, "We are accused of demolishing the Babri Masjid, but actually we were not behind the demolition. It was former prime minister Narsimha Rao who engineered the demolition. Even the makeshift temple of Ram lalla was made by Congress Prime Minister Narsimha Rao, BJP was not there."
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi