BJP asks Centre to intervene in Ayodhya dispute
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
BJP on Friday demanded the Centre's intervention in the ongoing negotiation process of the Ayodhya dispute.
"During Atal Bihari Vajpayee's regime in the NDA government, the negotiation started by Kanchi Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati was almost finalised, now it the responsibility of union government to restart the movement from the same place where it stopped," BJP national general secretary and Member of Parliament Vinay Katiyar said.
He said, "Ayodhya dispute is not a local issue, it is now an international issue, concerned with Hindus and Muslims globally, to solve such a big issue, efforts must be done from the prime ministerial level."