BJP attacks Centre on Sarabjit Singh issue
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
BJP today criticised the Centre for not taking any strong action for the brutal attack on Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan jail and said the incident was an act of revenge against hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab.
The incident showed the union government's unpreparedness in taking precautionary measures in protecting Sarabjit Singh as the attack was a revenge against hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab, party's Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
"This is a case of paralysis of Indian foreign policy," Prasad said.
He also linked the incident to Pakistan's "dubious" attempt to divert attention of the world community from Chinese intrusion in Indian territory.
The Chinese intrusion in Ladakh and India allowing Italian marines facing trial for killing two fishermen of Kerala to leave the country also showed the government's unpreparedness, he said.
Decrying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's statement that the Chinese intrusion was a local issue, Prasad said Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had also made similar light comment on Chinese intrusion inside India in 1962.
The BJP leader appealed to the UPA government to call an all party meeting on Chinese intrusion issue.
Prasad repeated the demand for resignation of the prime minister and Law Minister Ashwani in view of the CBI director's affidavit on coalgate to the Supreme Court.
The BJP leader also asked JPC Chairman P C Chacko to quit his post in the wake of 15 of the 30 JPC members demand for his resignation.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it