BJP city chief Mathkari hospitalised
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
BJP city chief Vikas Mathkari was on Monday afternoon admitted to the ICU of Poona Hospital and Research Centre after a minor paralytic attack. Doctors treating him said he is stable and under observation.
A BJP leader said 47-year-old Mathkari felt a little uneasy on Monday afternoon after his workout and thus consulted doctors at the Poona Hospital. "An MRI was suggested following which he was shifted to the ICU for treatment,'' said the leader. According to a medical bulletin issued by the hospital, Mathkari is being treated by Dr V G Shah, Dr T K Sharma and a team led by Dr Sudhir Kothari, HoD, neurosurgery department.
Party members present in the hospital said he could talk but doctors have asked him not to take stress. "He is being continuously monitored by the medical team,'' said the members. According to Dr Sharma, Mathkari was stable and was under observation. BJP Chief Nitin Gadkari and leader Vinod Tawade are constantly in touch with other city party members. "Gadkariji will come to Pune tomorrow and will visit the hospital,'' a member said, adding that other senior leaders from the state too are scheduled to meet him. City BJP MLAs Girish Bapat and other members also visited the hospital, said the member.