BJP city chief Mathkari hospitalised
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
BJP city chief Vikas Mathkari was on Monday afternoon admitted to the ICU of Poona Hospital and Research Centre after a minor paralytic attack. Doctors treating him said he is stable and under observation.
A BJP leader said 47-year-old Mathkari felt a little uneasy on Monday afternoon after his workout and thus consulted doctors at the Poona Hospital. "An MRI was suggested following which he was shifted to the ICU for treatment,'' said the leader. According to a medical bulletin issued by the hospital, Mathkari is being treated by Dr V G Shah, Dr T K Sharma and a team led by Dr Sudhir Kothari, HoD, neurosurgery department.
Party members present in the hospital said he could talk but doctors have asked him not to take stress. "He is being continuously monitored by the medical team,'' said the members. According to Dr Sharma, Mathkari was stable and was under observation. BJP Chief Nitin Gadkari and leader Vinod Tawade are constantly in touch with other city party members. "Gadkariji will come to Pune tomorrow and will visit the hospital,'' a member said, adding that other senior leaders from the state too are scheduled to meet him. City BJP MLAs Girish Bapat and other members also visited the hospital, said the member.