BJP, Cong to hold Sneh Milan, GPP plans mega meet in Bapa’s home turf
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
While the BJP and Congress will have Sneh Milan (new year gatherings), for the Gujarat Parivartan Party, it will be a mega convention on November 17 led by its president Keshubhai Patel at his home town of Rajkot.
This convention for Saurashtra-Kutch region, where former BJP CM turned Narendrna Modi bete noire likely to damage the BJP, will come between the new year gatherings arranged by the BJP and the Congress for its leaders and workers.
"Nearly two lakh people from across Saurashtra-Kutch region are expected to attend the meeting to be organised at Race Course ground on November 17," said Mansukh Khoont, GPP leader from Saurashtra.
While, the BJP will hold Sneh Milan on November 15 and 16, the Congress to have one on November 18.
"It will be a get together for the party workers. We
all once again gather
before we get back to poll duties," said BJP Rajkot city president Dhansukh Bhanderi. However, there will be separate venues and time for the events in all four seats in Rajkot.
Congress Rajkot city president Jaswant Bhatii said, "We have four separate venues. But Sneh Milan will be held at November 18 for all four seats."
Over 20 seats of total 58 in the region, the Leuva Patels have dominance and can sway the results.