BJP, Cong to hold Sneh Milan, GPP plans mega meet in Bapa’s home turf
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
While the BJP and Congress will have Sneh Milan (new year gatherings), for the Gujarat Parivartan Party, it will be a mega convention on November 17 led by its president Keshubhai Patel at his home town of Rajkot.
This convention for Saurashtra-Kutch region, where former BJP CM turned Narendrna Modi bete noire likely to damage the BJP, will come between the new year gatherings arranged by the BJP and the Congress for its leaders and workers.
"Nearly two lakh people from across Saurashtra-Kutch region are expected to attend the meeting to be organised at Race Course ground on November 17," said Mansukh Khoont, GPP leader from Saurashtra.
While, the BJP will hold Sneh Milan on November 15 and 16, the Congress to have one on November 18.
"It will be a get together for the party workers. We
all once again gather
before we get back to poll duties," said BJP Rajkot city president Dhansukh Bhanderi. However, there will be separate venues and time for the events in all four seats in Rajkot.
Congress Rajkot city president Jaswant Bhatii said, "We have four separate venues. But Sneh Milan will be held at November 18 for all four seats."
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society