BJP: Congress has no option, but to project Priyanka Gandhi as leader
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The BJP on Saturday said that Congress is left with no option but to project Priyanka Gandhi as its leader and face of the party.
"The Congress family has this habit that if one person from the family fails they project the other one...now Congress has no option left other than projecting Priyanka Gandhi as their main leader and the face of the Congress party," Bharatiya Janata Party General Secretary Rameshwar Chaurasia said here.
Terming Aam Aadmi Party leaders Arvind Kejriwal, Yogendra Yadav and his party as agents of Congress for 20 years, Chaurasia asked why Kejriwal was not transferred out of Delhi and he served as an income tax officer in the national capital for a very long period.
To a question about the future of AAP, Chaurasia said "Many small and regional parties have been on the scene for a short period of time and later disappeared, AAP will also disappear in few years".
BJP MLA from Varanasi Ravindra Jaiswal said that party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's rally scheduled for December 20 will be held at Khajuri village and a letter informing the District Magistrate about the same and asking for high-level security has been sent.
Around five lakh people are expected to attend the rally, Jaiswal said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties