BJP councillorís daughter ends life
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The daughter of BJP councillor Renu Bansal committed suicide on Thursday.
Druti Bansal, 19, was a student of BBA-1 and her body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the morning when her mother entered her room. The councillor said her husband had gone in prabhat pheri when Druti came down from her room which is on the first floor. Later, when Renu went upstairs, she was shocked to see the body of her daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. No suicide note was found.
Police have not been able to find out the reason behind the suicide.
In another case, Paramjeet Kaur, who was married to Baldev Singh of Chuharwal village four years back, was found dead. Her parents live in Patiala.
On the complaint of Bakshish Singh, father of the girl, police have booked Baldev Singh, his father Mahil Singh, mother Tej Kaur and sister Meena. The complainant said her daughter was being forced to bring more dowry from day one and a number of times, he had taken up the case in panchayat as well.