BJP councillorís daughter ends life
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The daughter of BJP councillor Renu Bansal committed suicide on Thursday.
Druti Bansal, 19, was a student of BBA-1 and her body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the morning when her mother entered her room. The councillor said her husband had gone in prabhat pheri when Druti came down from her room which is on the first floor. Later, when Renu went upstairs, she was shocked to see the body of her daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. No suicide note was found.
Police have not been able to find out the reason behind the suicide.
In another case, Paramjeet Kaur, who was married to Baldev Singh of Chuharwal village four years back, was found dead. Her parents live in Patiala.
On the complaint of Bakshish Singh, father of the girl, police have booked Baldev Singh, his father Mahil Singh, mother Tej Kaur and sister Meena. The complainant said her daughter was being forced to bring more dowry from day one and a number of times, he had taken up the case in panchayat as well.
Bakshish Singh said in the marriage of Paramjit's sister-in-law, her family gifted a car which added to his daughter's problems. "After that, the family asked for a car for them as well, as they said they were given a motorcycle only in marriage," he said. "On Wednesday, I got a call from my son-in-law that Paramjeet is unwell and admitted to CMCH. When I went there, she was found dead. I saw signs of stragulation on her neck which are enough proof that she was murdered."
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer