BJP councillorís daughter ends life
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
The daughter of BJP councillor Renu Bansal committed suicide on Thursday.
Druti Bansal, 19, was a student of BBA-1 and her body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the morning when her mother entered her room. The councillor said her husband had gone in prabhat pheri when Druti came down from her room which is on the first floor. Later, when Renu went upstairs, she was shocked to see the body of her daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. No suicide note was found.
Police have not been able to find out the reason behind the suicide.
In another case, Paramjeet Kaur, who was married to Baldev Singh of Chuharwal village four years back, was found dead. Her parents live in Patiala.
On the complaint of Bakshish Singh, father of the girl, police have booked Baldev Singh, his father Mahil Singh, mother Tej Kaur and sister Meena. The complainant said her daughter was being forced to bring more dowry from day one and a number of times, he had taken up the case in panchayat as well.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi