BJP councillorís daughter ends life
- By taking my passport or arresting me, they are not getting any money: Mallya
- BJP MP Swamy challenges expunging of his comments in Rajya Sabha
- Gujarat announces 10 per cent EBC quota, will apply to all whose annual family income is Rs 6 lakh or less
- Cabinet, BJP rejig around May 19 when state results come in
- Middleman left country day after CBI opened probe, trail leads to doors of Cong bigwigs: Minister Prasad
The daughter of BJP councillor Renu Bansal committed suicide on Thursday.
Druti Bansal, 19, was a student of BBA-1 and her body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the morning when her mother entered her room. The councillor said her husband had gone in prabhat pheri when Druti came down from her room which is on the first floor. Later, when Renu went upstairs, she was shocked to see the body of her daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. No suicide note was found.
Police have not been able to find out the reason behind the suicide.
In another case, Paramjeet Kaur, who was married to Baldev Singh of Chuharwal village four years back, was found dead. Her parents live in Patiala.
On the complaint of Bakshish Singh, father of the girl, police have booked Baldev Singh, his father Mahil Singh, mother Tej Kaur and sister Meena. The complainant said her daughter was being forced to bring more dowry from day one and a number of times, he had taken up the case in panchayat as well.
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend
- They may harm rather than preserve religious freedom
- Increased public expenditure on health, education be considered to assess poverty
- Obama did make a studied effort to emerge as a forward-looking world statesman
- It is clear now that Pakistan generals are unimpressed by the Modi initiative
- Governance in Kerala is superior to that in Bihar. State rankings are a fraught exercise