BJP cries for Sheila resignation, women’s panel blame police
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union on Monday held a demonstration outside the Vasant Vihar police station demanding adequate security to women in the city. "Such incidents keep repeating. The Delhi Police and the government have failed to make the city safer for women," JNUSU president V Lenin Kumar said.
CM to meet Home Minister
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit promised complete support to the 23-year-old woman who was gangraped on Sunday night. Sources said Dikshit would soon meet Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde over the law and order issues in Delhi. The government will also hasten the process of setting up fast-track courts, exclusively for sexual assault cases.