BJP declares Handia by-poll candidate
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
LUCKNOW: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Saturday declared Vidyakant Tiwari alias Sanwre as its candidate for Handia Assembly by-election. Tiwari had contested elections on the same seat in 2012 and had stood sixth, securing only 1.52 per cent of total polled valid votes. His security deposit was forfeited. The by-election to the Handia constituency in Allahabad district was caused due to the death of Mahesh Narain Singh, Samajwadi Party (SP) MLA, in February. SP has given ticket to Mahesh's son Prashant Kumar Singh who filed his nomination papers on Saturday. The last date of filling nomination papers is May 15.
Party declares new chief for Yuva Morcha
LUCKNOW: The Bharatiya Janata Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai on Saturday declared Ashutosh Rai of Ghazipur as new state president of party's Yuva Morcha. Ashutosh was treasurer in previous executive committee of the Yuva Morcha and he had been associated with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, student wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh earlier. The party's youth wing had been lying defunct for the last one year because of tussle among senior leaders over who should head it.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly