BJP delegation meets parents of gangrape victim
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A seven member BJP team, led by former Bihar minister Renu Devi, on Friday met the parents of the 16-year-old gangrape victim and assured them of all possible help.
"They expressed their sympathy to the family, assured them of all possible help and demanded justice," state BJP secretary Ritesh Tiwari, who was also part of the team, said.
They were told by her parents that the accused had raped the girl twice and they came to know that she was pregnant after her death.
Police has registered a case of murder against the two main accused in the gang-rape. The victim died on December 31 last due to burn injuries after she was allegedly set ablaze.
Doctors said she was pregnant at the time of her death.
The victim, the daughter of a taxi driver of Madhyamgram, was gang-raped in October last year and again when she was returning after lodging a police complaint the following day.
Her death sparked outrage in the metropolis with her family alleging that they were threatened by the police to leave the state.