BJP demands action against Akbaruddin Owaisi for objectionable remarks
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Monday demanded state government to initiate criminal action against MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making provocative speeches and hurting sentiments of a particular community.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency in the city through his party Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory words against a community while addressing public meetings in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts recently, state party unit president G Kishan Reddy said.
Strongly condemning the speeches of Owaisi which "intended to hurt religious sentiments", Reddy asked why the state government did not take note of it when Owaisi openly used "objectionable, abusive language and inflammatory words against a particular community".
Demanding immediate action against Owaisi, Reddy said, "The party feels that such speeches tantamount to threatening the very democratic fabric of the nation and divide people."
The party would write a letter to Election Commission seeking de-recognition of MIM for allegedly making an attempt to promote animosity among people of different religions and trying to divide people, the state BJP chief said.
He said CDs containing Owaisi's "objectionable" speeches would be sent to the state Governor, chief minister and Assembly speaker seeking action against him.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit