BJP demands action against Yasin Malik for sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
BJP today hit out at the government for allowing JKLF leader Yasin Malik to visit Pakistan where he shared dais with LeT chief and Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed and demanded confiscation of his passport.
BJP chief Rajnath Singh urged the Indian government to seriously take immediate cognisance of the incident and use diplomatic channels with Pakistan to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
"Government of India should seriously take immediate cognisance of this incident. India should use diplomatic channels to talk to Pakistan so that such incidents are not repeated. Precautions should also be taken while granting visa to such persons and their activities should be kept under watch," Singh told reporters here today.
Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar demanded that the government take immediate action against Malik and his passport be confiscated.
"The government needs to come out clean with an action plan. They must arrest, forfeit his apassport and take action against Malik and tell the nation. This is a monumental mistake on the part of the Home Ministry and we will raise at all forums available," said Javadekar.
Terming as "really atonishing" Malik's sharing of the dais with Saeed in Pakistan, Javadekar said the whole country was angry over the incident.
"It is an anti-India platform. Why the government allowed Malik to go to Pakistan. They must explain. Now, what action they are going to take against him. Because you can't allow Pakistan's anti-India forum to take over and Indian separatists joining there," he said.
Javadekar said it was "absolutely unacceptable" that India should allow some separatist leader to go to Pakistan and allow them to talk against the country and join the anti-India propaganda on foreign soil.
The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) leader, who is currently on a private visit to Pakistan, and Saeed yesterday came together to mourn the execution of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru and shared the dais.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab