BJP demands action against Yasin Malik for sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed
- Election LIVE: Pawan Bansal, Raj Babbar among 71 candidates in Cong's second list
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Anti-Terrorist Front demands probe against Malik for sharing dais with Saeed
Anti-Terrorist Front Chairman M S Bitta today demanded that JKLF chief Yasin Malik be probed and put on trial and his passport revoked for sharing a dais with Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan.
Bitta also accused Malik, the chief of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, of trying to use the hanging of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru to "accelerate" his movement.
"He should be put on trial for his evil demeanour and act of treason against the country and aligning with Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed. Malik should be interrogated outside Jammu and Kashmir," Bitta said in a statement here.
He accused Malik, who shared a dais with Saeed while sitting on a hunger strike in Pakistan to mourn Guru's execution, of betraying matryrs and victims of the 26/11 attacks as well the people of the country.
Bitta said the Centre should take 'stringent action' against Malik and demanded that his passport be revoked with immediate effect.