BJP demands action against Yasin Malik for sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Anti-Terrorist Front demands probe against Malik for sharing dais with Saeed
Anti-Terrorist Front Chairman M S Bitta today demanded that JKLF chief Yasin Malik be probed and put on trial and his passport revoked for sharing a dais with Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan.
Bitta also accused Malik, the chief of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, of trying to use the hanging of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru to "accelerate" his movement.
"He should be put on trial for his evil demeanour and act of treason against the country and aligning with Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed. Malik should be interrogated outside Jammu and Kashmir," Bitta said in a statement here.
He accused Malik, who shared a dais with Saeed while sitting on a hunger strike in Pakistan to mourn Guru's execution, of betraying matryrs and victims of the 26/11 attacks as well the people of the country.
Bitta said the Centre should take 'stringent action' against Malik and demanded that his passport be revoked with immediate effect.