BJP demands probe against Delhi ministers
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
The BJP on Friday asked the Delhi Assembly to institute a high-level inquiry into the alleged links between two Congress ministers and murdered liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep Chadha.
The Assembly winter session, which ended on Friday, saw four BJP MLAs rushing to the well demanding that the allegations against ministers Arvinder Singh Lovely and Haroon Yusuf should be probed.
Amid the uproar, as Congress legislators defended the ministers, Speaker Yoganand Shastri asked the marshals to remove the legislators - Praduymn Rajput, Subhash Sachdeva, Sunil Vaidya and Sat Prakash Rana.
This left no one from the main Opposition party in the House because Shastri on Thursday suspended the rest of the BJP MLAs for two days, barring the four, for demanding resignation of the ministers. The BJP demanded a probe after call detail records of Hardeep Chadha revealed that he was in touch with Urban Development Minister Lovely and Power Minister Yusuf. "We want to know why no action was taken against the ministers? We want the ministers to resign and a fair investigation," Rajput said.
Delhi unit BJP president Vijendra Gupta said the party would raise the issue in Parliament on Monday. "We will demand dismissal of the ministers. The BJP will continue its movement till criminal cases are filed against the ministers and arrested."