BJP demands probe against Delhi ministers
- Telangana LIVE: Process adopted to divide Andhra Pradesh unfortunate, Cong alone can't be blamed, says Chiranjeevi
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
The BJP on Friday asked the Delhi Assembly to institute a high-level inquiry into the alleged links between two Congress ministers and murdered liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep Chadha.
The Assembly winter session, which ended on Friday, saw four BJP MLAs rushing to the well demanding that the allegations against ministers Arvinder Singh Lovely and Haroon Yusuf should be probed.
Amid the uproar, as Congress legislators defended the ministers, Speaker Yoganand Shastri asked the marshals to remove the legislators - Praduymn Rajput, Subhash Sachdeva, Sunil Vaidya and Sat Prakash Rana.
This left no one from the main Opposition party in the House because Shastri on Thursday suspended the rest of the BJP MLAs for two days, barring the four, for demanding resignation of the ministers. The BJP demanded a probe after call detail records of Hardeep Chadha revealed that he was in touch with Urban Development Minister Lovely and Power Minister Yusuf. "We want to know why no action was taken against the ministers? We want the ministers to resign and a fair investigation," Rajput said.
Delhi unit BJP president Vijendra Gupta said the party would raise the issue in Parliament on Monday. "We will demand dismissal of the ministers. The BJP will continue its movement till criminal cases are filed against the ministers and arrested."
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state