BJP demands S M Krishna's resignation
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
BJP today demanded the resignation of External Affairs Minister S M Krishna in the wake of the Lokayukta police registering an FIR against him in connection with a private complaint over illegal mining.
"The arms of law is now catching up with three former chief ministers and the time has come for exposing those who were responsible for illegal mining in Karnataka," state unit BJP spokesman Ayanur Manjunath and General Secretary Raghunath Malkapure said in a statement here.
"B S Yeddyurappa quit as chief minister soon after he was indicted by Lokayukta report on illegal mining. Congress should also seek Krishna's resignation", they demanded.
The Congress 'colluded' with the Governor in foisting false cases against BJP leaders and it had now 'boomeranged' against its party leaders, they said.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy