BJP demands S M Krishna's resignation
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
BJP today demanded the resignation of External Affairs Minister S M Krishna in the wake of the Lokayukta police registering an FIR against him in connection with a private complaint over illegal mining.
"The arms of law is now catching up with three former chief ministers and the time has come for exposing those who were responsible for illegal mining in Karnataka," state unit BJP spokesman Ayanur Manjunath and General Secretary Raghunath Malkapure said in a statement here.
"B S Yeddyurappa quit as chief minister soon after he was indicted by Lokayukta report on illegal mining. Congress should also seek Krishna's resignation", they demanded.
The Congress 'colluded' with the Governor in foisting false cases against BJP leaders and it had now 'boomeranged' against its party leaders, they said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress