BJP fields 2012 loser for bypoll
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
In his first decision regarding party affairs in his home state after his unanimous election as BJP national president, Rajnath Singh on Friday gave his consent to the selection of Rajkumar Shahi as party candidate for Bhatpar Rani Assembly by-election, which has been caused by the death of Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyay.
Shahi had contested the general election in 2012 as BJP nominee and secured fourth spot with 11,353 votes. His security deposit was also forfeited. State BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai announced Shahi's candidature after consultation with Rajnath Singh and national general secretary (organisation) Ramlal. The by-election is scheduled for February 23.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota