BJP gears up for LS polls, to hold rallies in all constituencies
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Gearing up for next year's polls, BJP has decided to concentrate on the 26 Lok Sabha seats contested by the party as per the seat-sharing arrangement in the alliance and will soon start holding public rallies in each constituency.
"Senior leader Gopinath Munde discussed the party strategy for the forthcoming elections and has decided to lead. We will hold public rallies in the constituencies from which the party contests in the Lok Sabha polls," said state BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis.
Earlier, former BJP president Nitin Gadkari concluded the state executive committee meeting by presenting a vision of the development of the country if BJP comes to power.
"The BJP has digitalised its electoral roll and an App is available for the same on smartphones. This will help for easy identification of the voter in the constituency," Fadnavis said.
"As per our study, around 50 per cent of the voters in the age-group of 18-22 years have not yet included in the electoral roll. The party cadre has been asked to take up the initiative of getting all eligible youths to register. Also, some of the voters who favour the BJP don't go vote, hence they should be encouraged to do so. Those sitting on the fence will be made aware of the poor situation our country is in, which the BJP plans to improve if voted into power," he said.
Party workers have been asked to take up public issues and fight for the cause of citizens, Fadnavis said. He said the idea is to consolidate the vote for the alliance.
On the tie-up with MNS, Fadnavis said that the party is not discussing anything yet and will take a decision at the appropriate time.
The state BJP will also form 84,000 booth committees and will organise a rally for them in Mumbai in October, he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today