BJP has given me much more than PM's post: Advani
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani, who turned 85 today, appeared ambivalent on his prime ministerial ambition when he said what he has got from the party in life was much more than occupying the top post.
"Party has given me so much all my life that when somebody says you have to become the Prime Minister, I say becoming Prime Minister is not more than what I have got from the party," Advani told reporters here as leaders including BJP President Nitin Gadkari called on him and greeted him on the occasion.
He was asked what is the party's gift to him.
Advani, apparently unhappy over continuance of Gadkari as party president in the wake of charges of dubious funding of is Purti Group, had kept away from the BJP Core Group meeting on November 6 where the party announced that it has full faith in the BJP President's leadership.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer