BJP issues show-cause notice to Ram Jethmalani on 'anti-party' activities, mum on Shatrughan
- Enthusiasm over; govt may not go ahead with ordinances pushed by Rahul Gandhi
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Moreover, with Modi being a rising star, some party leaders are against brushing him on the wrong side by acting against Jethmalani.
Today's Parliamentary Board meeting was also held against the backdrop of a fresh letter from Jethmalani to Gadkari in which he has explained why he felt Jaitley and Swaraj were against Ranjit Sinha's appointment as CBI Director.
In an earlier letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani had alleged Jaitley and Swaraj were batting for Delhi Police Commissioner Niraj Kumar who was in the race for the CBI Director's post.
Sources said both Jaitley and Swaraj told the Parliamentary Board that the insinuations made against them by Jethmalani are baseless. Swaraj said she does not even know Niraj Kumar and has never met him while Jaitley maintained that the charges are too indirect and vague and do not add up.
Meanwhile, Jethmalani reacted to the new development by saying he has not yet received any show cause notice and said the Parliamentary Board must have stated some ground for his suspension.
Asked if his words against Gadkari had led to this action, he said, "I don't know but I am entitled to suspect that."
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past