BJP issues show-cause notice to Ram Jethmalani on 'anti-party' activities, mum on Shatrughan
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airline flight to Bangalore makes air turnback
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
Moreover, with Modi being a rising star, some party leaders are against brushing him on the wrong side by acting against Jethmalani.
Today's Parliamentary Board meeting was also held against the backdrop of a fresh letter from Jethmalani to Gadkari in which he has explained why he felt Jaitley and Swaraj were against Ranjit Sinha's appointment as CBI Director.
In an earlier letter to Gadkari, Jethmalani had alleged Jaitley and Swaraj were batting for Delhi Police Commissioner Niraj Kumar who was in the race for the CBI Director's post.
Sources said both Jaitley and Swaraj told the Parliamentary Board that the insinuations made against them by Jethmalani are baseless. Swaraj said she does not even know Niraj Kumar and has never met him while Jaitley maintained that the charges are too indirect and vague and do not add up.
Meanwhile, Jethmalani reacted to the new development by saying he has not yet received any show cause notice and said the Parliamentary Board must have stated some ground for his suspension.
Asked if his words against Gadkari had led to this action, he said, "I don't know but I am entitled to suspect that."