BJP leader accuses party of neglecting OBCs
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The state convenor of Uttar Pradesh BJP's Fishermen Cell, Lotanram Nishad, has accused senior state party leaders of neglecting the workers belonging to backward castes.
Nishad, who belongs to backward caste, has sent a letter to party president Rajnath Singh and state in-charge Amit Shah alleging that certain state leaders were not giving due regard and importance to the deserving backward and most backward workers as well as leaders.
"Yadavs are base vote of Samajwadi Party while Harijans are vote bank of BSP. But, the BJP has no base vote at present. It could be created by giving importance to most backward caste workers and leaders," Nishad said.
Nishad said he had requested the party's state leadership to provide vehicles and other facilities to the BJP leaders belonging to Nishad, Kashyap, Kushwaha, Maurya, Lodhi and Pal castes.
"But that demand was ignored," Nishad said adding backward caste leaders should be fielded from at least 10 Lok Sabha seats in UP.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Bajpai refused to comment on Nishad's allegations while Samajik Nyay Morcha's state president Bahoran Lal Maurya, said Nishad would be writing such letters for his personal interests.
"Party is giving respect to those backward leaders who are executing their duties with responsibility," said Maurya.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress