BJP leader in MP accused of ‘gangrape’
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A BJP municipal councillor is among five persons accused of raping a 22-year-old woman in Datia late on Monday.
The police, however, claimed that the complaint arouses suspicion because councillor Balkishan Kushwaha and his relative Bhavani Kushwaha, who is also an accused in the gangrape case, are main witnesses in a murder trial involving the victim's brothers-in-law.
In a complaint lodged with the Jigna Police Station, the victim alleged that she was returning to Datia with her brother-in-law when five men led by the councillor stopped their bike.
She alleged that the councillor and others raped her in the nearby bushes.