BJP leader in MP accused of ‘gangrape’
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
A BJP municipal councillor is among five persons accused of raping a 22-year-old woman in Datia late on Monday.
The police, however, claimed that the complaint arouses suspicion because councillor Balkishan Kushwaha and his relative Bhavani Kushwaha, who is also an accused in the gangrape case, are main witnesses in a murder trial involving the victim's brothers-in-law.
In a complaint lodged with the Jigna Police Station, the victim alleged that she was returning to Datia with her brother-in-law when five men led by the councillor stopped their bike.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph