BJP leader in MP accused of ‘gangrape’
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
A BJP municipal councillor is among five persons accused of raping a 22-year-old woman in Datia late on Monday.
The police, however, claimed that the complaint arouses suspicion because councillor Balkishan Kushwaha and his relative Bhavani Kushwaha, who is also an accused in the gangrape case, are main witnesses in a murder trial involving the victim's brothers-in-law.
In a complaint lodged with the Jigna Police Station, the victim alleged that she was returning to Datia with her brother-in-law when five men led by the councillor stopped their bike.
She alleged that the councillor and others raped her in the nearby bushes.