BJP leader in MP accused of ‘gangrape’
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A BJP municipal councillor is among five persons accused of raping a 22-year-old woman in Datia late on Monday.
The police, however, claimed that the complaint arouses suspicion because councillor Balkishan Kushwaha and his relative Bhavani Kushwaha, who is also an accused in the gangrape case, are main witnesses in a murder trial involving the victim's brothers-in-law.
In a complaint lodged with the Jigna Police Station, the victim alleged that she was returning to Datia with her brother-in-law when five men led by the councillor stopped their bike.
She alleged that the councillor and others raped her in the nearby bushes.