BJP leader in MP accused of ‘gangrape’
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A BJP municipal councillor is among five persons accused of raping a 22-year-old woman in Datia late on Monday.
The police, however, claimed that the complaint arouses suspicion because councillor Balkishan Kushwaha and his relative Bhavani Kushwaha, who is also an accused in the gangrape case, are main witnesses in a murder trial involving the victim's brothers-in-law.
In a complaint lodged with the Jigna Police Station, the victim alleged that she was returning to Datia with her brother-in-law when five men led by the councillor stopped their bike.
- Who is a true patriot?
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?