BJP leaderís minor daughter missing, guard burnt to death
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections LIVE: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Naveen faces crisis of confidence, says Hemant Soren
The security guard of Heera Singh Public School in Mathura's Mugarra police station area was found burnt to death early Saturday. A 12-year-old girl, who lived at the residential quarters on the school premises with her two elder sisters, was also found missing at the same time.
The girl, Devki, a student of class 5, is the daughter of BJP leader Heera Singh who runs the school. Heera Singh was in Mathura city at the time of the incident.
According to the police, 30-year-old Rajvir Singh was killed by a sharp weapon and his body was burnt with kerosene in the school ground, which is a little away from the servant quarters where he stayed.
The locals saw the guard's body in the morning and later found Devki also missing from her room.
Police said the murder could be linked with the missing incident. Circle Officer (City) Atul Kumar Srivastava said few persons have been detained in connection with the murder.
Man arrested for sis-in-law's murder<\b>
Police Saturday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 27-year-old beautician with the arrest of her brother-in-law and his two friends.
Ritika Srivastava was found stabbed and her throat slit at her flat in Vivek Khand area of Gomti Nagar on Tuesday night. Her husband, Prabhat, had gone to a nearby market and found her murdered when he returned two hours later.
Her brother-in-law Arun Kumar, who runs a stationery shop in Faizabad, and his friends Suraj Lal Nishad and Shubham Yadav, all residents of Faizabad, have been arrested.
Police said Nishad is named in other criminal cases in Faizabad. According to the police, the three reached Ritika's house in a car and murdered her with two knives. Police said the two knives that are used for chopping fish were Saturday recovered from near Gomti river close to Shaheed Path.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move