BJP minister disparages Nitish Kumar's Bihar vs Narendra Modi's Gujarat story
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
A day after Chief Minister Nitish Kumar projected 'Bihar model' of development as the real one in comparison to that of chief minister Narendra Modi's Gujarat, a senior BJP minister said that the NDA government has a lot of work to do to present its growth story as a model for others to emulate.
"We have a lot of work to do to project our growth story as a model for others to emulate...although we are on the right track, we must continue with it to catch up with others on all fronts," Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh told reporters.
Singh, sought to disapprove the Chief Minister's description of Bihar's growth story as a 'model' and said that it will not be fair to compare it with the 'Gujarat Model' that has drawn global attention.
The 'Gujarat model' has evoked praise at the world stage and was being talked about in developed countries, the minister said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, while speaking on the special status issue at the JD(U) rally yesterday in New Delhi, had strongly countered his Gujarat counterpart's development plank saying that the 'Bihar model,' which seeks to take everyone along, was the 'real model'.