BJP MLA gets bail in Muzaffarnagar riots case
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: Two officers trapped inside feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- Congress not serious about seat sharing, all options open for LJP: Ram Vilas Paswan
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
Over one-and-a-half months after he was arrested for his alleged involvement in inciting violence in Muzaffarnagar, BJP MLA Sangeet Singh Som was released from Muzaffarnagar jail on Monday, after being granted bail.
The state government had invoked stringent National Security Act (NSA) against Som, who was arrested on September 21 for allegedly inciting people and sharing a "provocative" video on a social networking site before riots broke out in Muzaffarnagar. However, the NSA provisions were later revoked against Som.
Som's lawyer Anil Jindal said the MLA had been granted bail in all cases except one.
Another BJP MLA, Suresh Rana, is however still lodged in jail.