BJP MLA in MP alleges 'setting' by construction company
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
In a stunning allegation, a BJP MLA today said that a road construction company had told him that it had a "setting" with a minister and sub-standard work done by it would never be examined.
"I swear in the name of god that the company told me about this "setting" (with a minister) and also asked me not to raise the matter in the assembly," BJP member Arvind Singh Bhadoria said in the Madhya Pradesh assembly.
The ruling party MLA also surprised the house by saying that the company had promised to arrange 50 vehicles for him for the assembly election in November this year.
The matter of sub-standard work on National Highway No 45 was raised through a calling attention motion by Bhadoria and another MLA Dr Govind Singh in the assembly.
Dr Singh urged Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh who was in the chair to take Bhadoria's complaint seriously and direct the government to file a criminal case against the company.
Responding to the MLA's charge, PWD Minister Nagendra Singh said that charges made by Bhadoria would be examined and if the company was found guilty, strict action would be taken against it.