BJP MLA in MP alleges 'setting' by construction company
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In a stunning allegation, a BJP MLA today said that a road construction company had told him that it had a "setting" with a minister and sub-standard work done by it would never be examined.
"I swear in the name of god that the company told me about this "setting" (with a minister) and also asked me not to raise the matter in the assembly," BJP member Arvind Singh Bhadoria said in the Madhya Pradesh assembly.
The ruling party MLA also surprised the house by saying that the company had promised to arrange 50 vehicles for him for the assembly election in November this year.
The matter of sub-standard work on National Highway No 45 was raised through a calling attention motion by Bhadoria and another MLA Dr Govind Singh in the assembly.
Dr Singh urged Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh who was in the chair to take Bhadoria's complaint seriously and direct the government to file a criminal case against the company.
Responding to the MLA's charge, PWD Minister Nagendra Singh said that charges made by Bhadoria would be examined and if the company was found guilty, strict action would be taken against it.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express