BJP mounts pressure on govt over statehood for Telangana
- PM Modi assures CJI of govt support in increasing judge strength
- Man detained at Mumbai airport for trying to strangulate Kanhaiya Kumar
- Vijay Mallya's passport revoked, confirms External Affairs Ministry
- CISF deployed 24x7 at Ramdev's food park in Haridwar
- AMU clash: One student killed, proctor office, vehicles torched
The BJP on Sunday mounted pressure on the government on Telangana statehood. Party president Rajnath Singh asserted that the BJP will grant statehood to Telangana when it comes to power.
"It is the BJP's firm conviction that the day we come to power at the Centre, we will create Telangana," Singh told reporters after attending the BJP's SC Morcha National Executive meeting at party headquarters on Sunday.
Though Singh's remarks are a reiteration of his party's position, it holds significance in the wake of the pressure on the Congress to grant Telangana statehood. The BJP will extend its support to the demand in the forthcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament.
- Relieve the president of the thankless task of putting his signature to the proclamation
- Is Handwara the beginning of another scorching summer of discontent in the Valley?
- Maharashtra has not spent less on irrigation. The real problem is its high cost
- Kipling’s Burma and Myanmar’s Kipling
- Next Door Nepal -- China is welcome, India is not
- This govt has men, women ready to shoot to kill even without orders