BJP mouthpiece targets Gujarat Governor
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The BJP's mouthpiece in Gujarat, Manogat, has launched an attack on Governor Kamla Beniwal, and said that all those who criticised CM Narendra Modi got rewarded by the Centre.
Prominent among the BJP's list of grudges against Beniwal are her appointment of Justice (retd) R A Mehta as Lokayukta and recommending prosecution of minister of state for fisheries Purushottam Solanki in an alleged Rs 400 crore fisheries scam. Solanki is contesting the Assembly polls from Bhavnagar Rural. A graphic display in the fortnightly issue, dated November 10, with the heading "Gujarat poochhe che, Congress pase chhe koi jawab? (Gujarat asks, does the Congress have answers?), listed 80 questions pertaining to scams like Adarsh Housing Society, 2G spectrum.
Another talked about how the BJP exposed a "Rs 1,000 crore worth land grabbing scam of Beniwal in Jaipur".