BJP mouthpiece targets Gujarat Governor
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
The BJP's mouthpiece in Gujarat, Manogat, has launched an attack on Governor Kamla Beniwal, and said that all those who criticised CM Narendra Modi got rewarded by the Centre.
Prominent among the BJP's list of grudges against Beniwal are her appointment of Justice (retd) R A Mehta as Lokayukta and recommending prosecution of minister of state for fisheries Purushottam Solanki in an alleged Rs 400 crore fisheries scam. Solanki is contesting the Assembly polls from Bhavnagar Rural. A graphic display in the fortnightly issue, dated November 10, with the heading "Gujarat poochhe che, Congress pase chhe koi jawab? (Gujarat asks, does the Congress have answers?), listed 80 questions pertaining to scams like Adarsh Housing Society, 2G spectrum.
Another talked about how the BJP exposed a "Rs 1,000 crore worth land grabbing scam of Beniwal in Jaipur".
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police