BJP MP seeks action against Setalvad
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Rupala told The Indian Express he had not received any reply from Home Secretary R K Singh. However, he said, Setalvad has been creating trouble in Gujarat and action should be taken against her for violating FCRA norms.
Speaker to address training session for Congress MLAs
State Assembly Speaker Vaju Vala will be addressing a training programme of Congress MLAs at Mehsana Water Park on February 19.
The programme is being organised by Congress Legislative Party (CLP) leader Shankersinh Vaghela. All the 59 MLAs of the Congress have been asked to attend the training session being organised to make the legislators aware of various provisions of the state Assembly to improve their performance. Gayasuddin Sheikh, a Congress MLA, said many of the legislators were not able to ask questions because of the lack of knowledge about the functioning of the House.
When contacted, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said the Assembly Speaker was always considered to be neutral. That was why Vala, despite having been elected on BJP ticket, had been invited, he said.