BJP MP seeks action against Setalvad
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Rupala told The Indian Express he had not received any reply from Home Secretary R K Singh. However, he said, Setalvad has been creating trouble in Gujarat and action should be taken against her for violating FCRA norms.
Speaker to address training session for Congress MLAs
State Assembly Speaker Vaju Vala will be addressing a training programme of Congress MLAs at Mehsana Water Park on February 19.
The programme is being organised by Congress Legislative Party (CLP) leader Shankersinh Vaghela. All the 59 MLAs of the Congress have been asked to attend the training session being organised to make the legislators aware of various provisions of the state Assembly to improve their performance. Gayasuddin Sheikh, a Congress MLA, said many of the legislators were not able to ask questions because of the lack of knowledge about the functioning of the House.
When contacted, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said the Assembly Speaker was always considered to be neutral. That was why Vala, despite having been elected on BJP ticket, had been invited, he said.