BJP MP, wife booked for attack on BSP leader
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Following the attack on BSP leader Manoj Nyangali in Rajgarh town on Sunday evening, an FIR was lodged against BJP MP from Churu Ram Singh Kaswan and his wife Kamla Kaswan, BJP MLA from Rajgarh.
Nyangali's family filed the complaint and also told the police that the two families had political rivalry.
The case is not being entrusted with the local police as a sitting MP and MLA are involved and it is slated to be handed over to the CID (crime branch) for a detailed probe.
In the FIR filed by Nyangali's family, it is also alleged that the local police shared information with the accused and thereafter nine constables were removed from duty and sent to the police reserve lines.
The family members also alleged that in 2009, an FIR was registered against Ram Singh Kaswan in a case related to the murder of Manoj's elder brother Virendra Nyangali which took place in February 2009 but the police closed the case without proper probe.
They said Manoj, who is in-charge of the party's Assembly segment, is planning to contest the 2013 Assembly elections from the Rajgarh constituency.