BJP MP, wife booked for attack on BSP leader
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Following the attack on BSP leader Manoj Nyangali in Rajgarh town on Sunday evening, an FIR was lodged against BJP MP from Churu Ram Singh Kaswan and his wife Kamla Kaswan, BJP MLA from Rajgarh.
Nyangali's family filed the complaint and also told the police that the two families had political rivalry.
The case is not being entrusted with the local police as a sitting MP and MLA are involved and it is slated to be handed over to the CID (crime branch) for a detailed probe.
In the FIR filed by Nyangali's family, it is also alleged that the local police shared information with the accused and thereafter nine constables were removed from duty and sent to the police reserve lines.
The family members also alleged that in 2009, an FIR was registered against Ram Singh Kaswan in a case related to the murder of Manoj's elder brother Virendra Nyangali which took place in February 2009 but the police closed the case without proper probe.
They said Manoj, who is in-charge of the party's Assembly segment, is planning to contest the 2013 Assembly elections from the Rajgarh constituency.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'