BJP MP, wife booked for attack on BSP leader
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Following the attack on BSP leader Manoj Nyangali in Rajgarh town on Sunday evening, an FIR was lodged against BJP MP from Churu Ram Singh Kaswan and his wife Kamla Kaswan, BJP MLA from Rajgarh.
Nyangali's family filed the complaint and also told the police that the two families had political rivalry.
The case is not being entrusted with the local police as a sitting MP and MLA are involved and it is slated to be handed over to the CID (crime branch) for a detailed probe.
In the FIR filed by Nyangali's family, it is also alleged that the local police shared information with the accused and thereafter nine constables were removed from duty and sent to the police reserve lines.
The family members also alleged that in 2009, an FIR was registered against Ram Singh Kaswan in a case related to the murder of Manoj's elder brother Virendra Nyangali which took place in February 2009 but the police closed the case without proper probe.
They said Manoj, who is in-charge of the party's Assembly segment, is planning to contest the 2013 Assembly elections from the Rajgarh constituency.