BJP MP, wife booked for attack on BSP leader
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Following the attack on BSP leader Manoj Nyangali in Rajgarh town on Sunday evening, an FIR was lodged against BJP MP from Churu Ram Singh Kaswan and his wife Kamla Kaswan, BJP MLA from Rajgarh.
Nyangali's family filed the complaint and also told the police that the two families had political rivalry.
The case is not being entrusted with the local police as a sitting MP and MLA are involved and it is slated to be handed over to the CID (crime branch) for a detailed probe.
In the FIR filed by Nyangali's family, it is also alleged that the local police shared information with the accused and thereafter nine constables were removed from duty and sent to the police reserve lines.
The family members also alleged that in 2009, an FIR was registered against Ram Singh Kaswan in a case related to the murder of Manoj's elder brother Virendra Nyangali which took place in February 2009 but the police closed the case without proper probe.
They said Manoj, who is in-charge of the party's Assembly segment, is planning to contest the 2013 Assembly elections from the Rajgarh constituency.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18