BJP MP Yogi Adityanath protests against poor civic amenities
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath has launched a 10-day protest at Collectorate campus against the poor civic amenities and bad condition of roads here.
Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Gorakhpur, Adityanath said the roads are in poor condition, district was facing an acute water and power crisis, and the menace of Encephalitis was yet to be controlled.
Rather than solving such issues, the administrative machinery has been working as an agent of the ruling party, he said at the protest yesterday.
The MP warned the district authorities to intensity the protest in October if the demands were not met by then. Adityanath, meanwhile, told reporters that during the dharna a Jan Panchayat would be held on September 24 at Nausarh chauraha followed by a protest march on September 26. The protesters will lock the government offices on September 23 to express annoyance over the poor civic amenities, he said.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players