BJP protests visa to Miandad
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Criticising the Congress-led UPA government for granting visa to former Pakistan cricket captain Javed Miandad, opposition BJP on Thursday said that the country should not allow "any relative" of Dawood Ibrahim to visit the country.
"This country loves cricket but does not love terrorists. Dawood Ibrahim has been the mastermind of several terror acts. Pakistan has refused to hand him over to India despite several efforts. India should not allow any relative of Dawood to come to India," said BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Miandad, whose son is married to Dawood's daughter, has been granted visa for watching the last match of the ongoing India-Pakistan cricket series in Delhi.