BJP, RJD had 'secret deal' after mid-day meal tragedy: Nitish Kumar
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
Breaking his silence, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said there was a conspiracy behind the mid-day meal tragedy in a Chapra school and alleged BJP and RJD had a "secret understanding" to derive political mileage from the incident.
"The Forensic Science Laboratory, which highlights the presence of pesticide in the midday meal, has confirmed our apprehensions about a conspiracy behind the mid-day meal tragedy at a school in Saran last week", Kumar was quoted by state Janata Dal (U) spokesman Rajeev Ranjan as telling a meeting of party MPs, MLAs and office-bearers as part of Mission 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The Chief Minister charged "an understanding between BJP and RJD was very much visible both after Bodhgaya blasts and Chapra midday meal tragedy" as the two parties had called bandhs on the same after the two incidents.
"RJD and BJP had called bandh together on both the occasions and this confirms the secret understanding between them", Kumar said.
This was the first time that Kumar had spoken on the midday meal tragedy which claimed 23 lives. He said he is apprehending that more such incidents will take place as part of the opposition's efforts to destabilize his government and asked the partymen to be prepared for it.
He alleged BJP was upset over losing power in Bihar the breakup of its coalition with JD(U) and the saffron party, along with RJD, "is busy fomenting instability against our government".
"They are testing my patience but I will not move away from the chosen path", Kumar said. "Bihar's mandate was for development and we shall continue to move ahead along that path", the Chief Minister added. Without naming the Lalu Prasad-led party, Bihar Education Minister P K Shahi hinted at the role of RJD in the Chapra incident saying "the husband of the school principal is an active member of the party (RJD)".
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready