BJP settling scores with Tejpal: Medha Patkar
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma stands by 'Modi not a good orator' remark, Congress rallies behind Rahul in Amethi
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- India-US chill claims Nancy Powellâs job
- US visa ban on Narendra Modi to be lifted if he becomes PM: Report
The BJP is settling scores with Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman colleague, for the magazine's earlier sting operations against the party, social activist Medha Patekar said today.
"It is obvious that BJP will use it to settle scores as they once have been at the receiving end of sting operations by Tehelka," Patkar told PTI over phone.
"This should not be politicised. If he has committed any offence and it is proved in court then law will take its own course," she said.
Patkar said that she did not feel that the police investigations into the incident were politically motivated.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters