BJP slams SP ministers for attending function
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has accused the Samajwadi Party government of promoting Muslim appeasement and giving support to communal forces by inaugurating Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur on Tuesday.
In a press statement, BJP spokesperson Haridwar Dubey said the state government was not taking care of people affected by floods and encephalitis. Dubey said Jauhar university is a private institution and the entire SP government was celebrating its inauguration, whereas the ministers do not have time to visit the districts where riots took place in the last six months. He said that no minister has visited Gorakhpur where around 300 people have so far died of encephalitis this year. He said that the state government was misusing public money for the publicity of Jauhar university.