BJP slams SP ministers for attending function
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has accused the Samajwadi Party government of promoting Muslim appeasement and giving support to communal forces by inaugurating Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur on Tuesday.
In a press statement, BJP spokesperson Haridwar Dubey said the state government was not taking care of people affected by floods and encephalitis. Dubey said Jauhar university is a private institution and the entire SP government was celebrating its inauguration, whereas the ministers do not have time to visit the districts where riots took place in the last six months. He said that no minister has visited Gorakhpur where around 300 people have so far died of encephalitis this year. He said that the state government was misusing public money for the publicity of Jauhar university.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape