BJP slams SP ministers for attending function
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has accused the Samajwadi Party government of promoting Muslim appeasement and giving support to communal forces by inaugurating Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur on Tuesday.
In a press statement, BJP spokesperson Haridwar Dubey said the state government was not taking care of people affected by floods and encephalitis. Dubey said Jauhar university is a private institution and the entire SP government was celebrating its inauguration, whereas the ministers do not have time to visit the districts where riots took place in the last six months. He said that no minister has visited Gorakhpur where around 300 people have so far died of encephalitis this year. He said that the state government was misusing public money for the publicity of Jauhar university.