BJP to announce re-induction of Kalyan Singh in mid Dec
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The formal announcement on the re-induction of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh in BJP would be made in mid December, party leader Rajnath Singh today said.
"There were some engagements otherwise it would have happened, but you consider that it will happen between December 10 to December 15," the former party national president said.
"Consider him to be in...his entry will strengthen the party..he is a leader of mass base," Singh added.
He said that "in the wake of serious challenges being faced by the state and the country there is a need for all nationalist forces to get united. "
When asked about differences within the party, Rajnath said BJP is a big political party so it could happen that some person may say something which was not according to the party.
Regarding former Karnataka Chief Minister Y S Yeddyurappa anouncing to launch a new party, Rajnath said, "It may make a little impact, but BJP being a national party has internal forces to make up the loss."
On being asked about national president Nitin Gadkari getting a second term he said, "why not".