BJP to go it alone in Tripura Assembly polls
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
BJP will go it alone in the February 14 Assembly elections in Tripura.
"We have decided not to contest the election jointly with any ally though a few small political parties like Janata Dal(United) and Gana Mancha have shown interest to make poll alliance with us," president of the state party unit Sudhindra Dasgupta said on Wednesday.
"It is a fact that BJP has no organizational network in every place of the state. So we have decided to put up candidates where we are strong," he said adding the party has started campaigning in full scale.
BJP Tripura state committee had declared a 41-member candidates list for election to the 60-member Assembly.
The party has no presence in the Assembly or in local bodies.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it