BJP to go it alone in Tripura Assembly polls
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
BJP will go it alone in the February 14 Assembly elections in Tripura.
"We have decided not to contest the election jointly with any ally though a few small political parties like Janata Dal(United) and Gana Mancha have shown interest to make poll alliance with us," president of the state party unit Sudhindra Dasgupta said on Wednesday.
"It is a fact that BJP has no organizational network in every place of the state. So we have decided to put up candidates where we are strong," he said adding the party has started campaigning in full scale.
BJP Tripura state committee had declared a 41-member candidates list for election to the 60-member Assembly.
The party has no presence in the Assembly or in local bodies.