BJP to train its local leaders on FDI
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Over a month after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) top leaders opposed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail sector in both the Houses of Parliament, the party has decided to train its local leaders about the issue and make them able to highlight FDI and its possible impacts on retail traders effectively among the masses.
The BJP's state unit has selected six master trainers from within the party - who are mainly degree college teachers - to organise one-day workshops on FDI for regional committee leaders and district office bearers. About the objective of such training classes, a party leader said that all the local leaders and party workers were aware that BJP opposed FDI but very few of them know the details regarding FDI, retail sector and FDI's impact on the retail market.
"Local leaders interact with masses in villages and small towns. The training will enable them to discuss the FDI issue with retail traders and solve their queries during the ongoing Jan Jagran Yatra," a party leader said. The Jan Jagran Yatra has been started in all districts from December 25, the birth anniversary of party veteran and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
In these yatras, public meetings are being organised in local markets of small towns and villages to highlight issues of FDI, price rise and the law-and-order situation. "The good governance of Atalji's past governments would also be highlighted in the yatras," said the party added.
The first such training workshop was held in Sant Kabir Nagar on Friday that was attended by presidents, coordinators and in-charges of the 11 districts of Gorakhpur region. The lecture on FDI was delivered by Satish Dwivedi, who is Head of the Economics department in Buddha PG College in Kushinagar. Dwivedi has been given the responsibility to train party leaders of the entire Gorakhpur region.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today