BJP will retain its seats: Sharma
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The BJP will retain its seats in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state party president Kamal Sharma said here on Wednesday. Sharma was in the city to raise funds for victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy and appealed to people to donate.
"We will be contesting in Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur and Amritsar seats that we had won in the last elections and last minute changes of increase in seats can also happen," Sharma said. He added that to present the party's guidelines for the Lok Sabha elections, national BJP president Rajnath Singh will visit Jalandhar on August 7, where he will chair a meeting. Sharma said that Rajnath will also tour Amritsar, Durgaina Mandir and Jallianwala Bagh before visiting Jalandhar.
On whether the candidates will be changed for the above mentioned seats, Sharma refused to comment. Meanwhile, he also appealed to the masses in general to generate funds for the Uttarakhand victims and to donate to the BJP relief fund, which will be used for rehabilitation.