BJP will retain its seats: Sharma
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
The BJP will retain its seats in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state party president Kamal Sharma said here on Wednesday. Sharma was in the city to raise funds for victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy and appealed to people to donate.
"We will be contesting in Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur and Amritsar seats that we had won in the last elections and last minute changes of increase in seats can also happen," Sharma said. He added that to present the party's guidelines for the Lok Sabha elections, national BJP president Rajnath Singh will visit Jalandhar on August 7, where he will chair a meeting. Sharma said that Rajnath will also tour Amritsar, Durgaina Mandir and Jallianwala Bagh before visiting Jalandhar.
On whether the candidates will be changed for the above mentioned seats, Sharma refused to comment. Meanwhile, he also appealed to the masses in general to generate funds for the Uttarakhand victims and to donate to the BJP relief fund, which will be used for rehabilitation.