BJP will retain its seats: Sharma
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The BJP will retain its seats in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state party president Kamal Sharma said here on Wednesday. Sharma was in the city to raise funds for victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy and appealed to people to donate.
"We will be contesting in Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur and Amritsar seats that we had won in the last elections and last minute changes of increase in seats can also happen," Sharma said. He added that to present the party's guidelines for the Lok Sabha elections, national BJP president Rajnath Singh will visit Jalandhar on August 7, where he will chair a meeting. Sharma said that Rajnath will also tour Amritsar, Durgaina Mandir and Jallianwala Bagh before visiting Jalandhar.
On whether the candidates will be changed for the above mentioned seats, Sharma refused to comment. Meanwhile, he also appealed to the masses in general to generate funds for the Uttarakhand victims and to donate to the BJP relief fund, which will be used for rehabilitation.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18