BJP will retain its seats: Sharma
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The BJP will retain its seats in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state party president Kamal Sharma said here on Wednesday. Sharma was in the city to raise funds for victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy and appealed to people to donate.
"We will be contesting in Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur and Amritsar seats that we had won in the last elections and last minute changes of increase in seats can also happen," Sharma said. He added that to present the party's guidelines for the Lok Sabha elections, national BJP president Rajnath Singh will visit Jalandhar on August 7, where he will chair a meeting. Sharma said that Rajnath will also tour Amritsar, Durgaina Mandir and Jallianwala Bagh before visiting Jalandhar.
On whether the candidates will be changed for the above mentioned seats, Sharma refused to comment. Meanwhile, he also appealed to the masses in general to generate funds for the Uttarakhand victims and to donate to the BJP relief fund, which will be used for rehabilitation.