BKS Iyengar to participate in multiple sclerosis awareness drive
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
Yoga Acharya BKS Iyengar will join the movement that appeals people to join hands to eradicate Multiple Sclerosis (MS). World MS Day is observed on May 26 and the Pune unit of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of India (MSSI) has organised an awareness drive on the occasion where Iyengar will be the chief guest.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic disease that attacks the central nervous system which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. It occurs without any known cause and is incurable despite intensive research worldwide. It is a disease that strikes men and women in the prime of their lives, stopping them in their tracks and opening up a world of bewildering questions and very few answers., says Sunita Lalwani, Administrative officer of the Pune chapter of the MSSI.
It is an incurable, degenerative disease that can render young people to be disabled, unemployable or otherwise destitute, and leaves entire families devastated by the sudden disruption of normal life. The Multiple Sclerosis Society of India is the only support group for people living with MS, said Lalwani.